A Hiking with Shawn Community!
  • Outdoor Adventure Topics is a community of outdoor adventurers and we want you to join the community. Whether your an outdoor enthusiast or even a company or brand, we want you here as a member with us!

So Join Now or Login Now. Membership is and will always be free.

Want to know why you should join? Check this out!

What's your experience skydiving?

TeeGee

Jun 18, 2022
I haven't done skydiving outdoor activity before but I want to experience it and I am thinking about doing it before the end of 2022.

I have read a lot about it and saw various documentaries, I know what to expect but all I know can't actually compensate for inexperience.

I want to know about your personal experience if you have ever done skydiving in the past. Was it a thrill you will like to do again or was the one time experience enough for you?

Share your experience here with me.

Ravenfreak

Jun 17, 2022
This is one of the few things I'd never do, just because I'm afraid of heights. xD I can imagine if you're a huge thrill seeker and climbing or biking on mountain trails just don't quite give you that thrill you're seeking, skydiving would be fun. I'd be afraid that my parachute wouldn't work, nor would my backup one. I'd like to hear about your experience though if you do get around to skydiving later this year TeeGee!

TeeGee

Jun 18, 2022
This is one of the few things I'd never do, just because I'm afraid of heights. xD I can imagine if you're a huge thrill seeker and climbing or biking on mountain trails just don't quite give you that thrill you're seeking, skydiving would be fun. I'd be afraid that my parachute wouldn't work, nor would my backup one. I'd like to hear about your experience though if you do get around to skydiving later this year TeeGee!
I never tried it out though but I have plans to do it this year. I know it can be scary and risky if you are not a professional that's why it's best you do it with a professional you both can be strapped together to a parachute and the Individual helps to navigate during the dive, pull the parachute and help you land safely as well. There hasn't been too many injuries or disaster recorded during guided Skydiving.

Shawn Gossman

OAT Forum Administrator
Staff member
OAT Forum Administrator
OAT Forum Moderator
Dec 31, 2020
I've never done it but I've often wondered about it.

I don't think I'll ever attempt it.

Heights don't really bother me but not being in control would.

I'd be so stressed thinking I'd be the one with the bad chute!!