A Hiking with Shawn Community!
  • Outdoor Adventure Topics is a community of outdoor adventurers and we want you to join the community. Whether your an outdoor enthusiast or even a company or brand, we want you here as a member with us!

So Join Now or Login Now. Membership is and will always be free.

Want to know why you should join? Check this out!

How long until your feet hurt?

Shawn Gossman

OAT Forum Administrator
Staff member
OAT Forum Administrator
OAT Forum Moderator
Dec 31, 2020
How much hiking can you do until your feet stop hurting?

I can usually go up to about 10-miles before my feet start getting sore.

I can keep hiking usually but they will get more sore as I go on.

How about you?

Kevin joest

OAT Forum Moderator
Staff member
OAT Forum Moderator
Jan 5, 2021
I hiked/ran 16 miles today, my feet did hurt when I got done but they're ok now!

Kevin joest

OAT Forum Moderator
Staff member
OAT Forum Moderator
Jan 5, 2021
I saw on Strava that someone ran the R2R trail (159.6 miles) unsupported (no help, sleep rough) in under 72 hours this weekend! I bet their feet hurt!

Shawn Gossman

OAT Forum Administrator
Staff member
OAT Forum Administrator
OAT Forum Moderator
Dec 31, 2020
  • Staff
I saw on Strava that someone ran the R2R trail (159.6 miles) unsupported (no help, sleep rough) in under 72 hours this weekend! I bet their feet hurt!
That's Lindsey. She did the supported FKT before that. She has both FKTs! She is a bad ass lol

chinwe

Jun 18, 2022
I can conveniently hike for 7 miles if I am on comfortable hiking boots and plain terrain. If the boots and trail are not ideal, then in 6-7 miles my feet starts getting hurt.

Barida

Jun 18, 2022
I do hike close to 9 miles before I start feeling some discomfort on the feet. Hiking is an endurance exercise and I see these challenges as part of it. So, I do hike for 12 miles, most times!

Shawn Gossman

OAT Forum Administrator
Staff member
OAT Forum Administrator
OAT Forum Moderator
Dec 31, 2020
  • Staff
I do hike close to 9 miles before I start feeling some discomfort on the feet. Hiking is an endurance exercise and I see these challenges as part of it. So, I do hike for 12 miles, most times!
That is a really good mileage to go for!
We usually average about 7 miles. But we also hike a lot through the week and bike as well.