A Hiking with Shawn Community!
  • Outdoor Adventure Topics is a community of outdoor adventurers and we want you to join the community. Whether your an outdoor enthusiast or even a company or brand, we want you here as a member with us!

So Join Now or Login Now. Membership is and will always be free.

Want to know why you should join? Check this out!

Favorite hike

Kevin joest

OAT Forum Moderator
Staff member
OAT Forum Moderator
Jan 5, 2021
Do you have a favorite hike? Why is this your favorite hike, what are the criteria of a favorite hike to you?

Last edited:

Kevin joest

OAT Forum Moderator
Staff member
OAT Forum Moderator
Jan 5, 2021
  • Staff
My favorite hike is the Narrows in Zion National Park, this was an amazing hike! I hiked this with family, and while I didn't make it to Big Springs or the end of Orderville Canyon, no one got hurt and everyone had fun! I'm not from Utah and won't be hiking this again anytime soon, but it's still my favorite hike.atphoto_gallery_map_38788_11749_15681363259396175034285410420373.jpg

Shawn Gossman

OAT Forum Administrator
Staff member
OAT Forum Administrator
OAT Forum Moderator
Dec 31, 2020
My favorite hike has always been a combination of biking and hiking.

I bike from Vienna Trailhead for Tunnel Hill State Trail to Heron Pond Trailhead, hike to Wildcat Bluff and back to Heron Pond and then bike back to Vienna. Over 20 miles of hiking and biking combined :)

Kevin joest

OAT Forum Moderator
Staff member
OAT Forum Moderator
Jan 5, 2021
  • Staff
My favorite hike has always been a combination of biking and hiking.

I bike from Vienna Trailhead for Tunnel Hill State Trail to Heron Pond Trailhead, hike to Wildcat Bluff and back to Heron Pond and then bike back to Vienna. Over 20 miles of hiking and biking combined :)
I hiked to Breeden Falls the last time I rode Tunnel Hill Trail, it was a cool side trip! There was an arch back there too but I couldn't find it.

Shawn Gossman

OAT Forum Administrator
Staff member
OAT Forum Administrator
OAT Forum Moderator
Dec 31, 2020
I hiked to Breeden Falls the last time I rode Tunnel Hill Trail, it was a cool side trip! There was an arch back there too but I couldn't find it.
So if you go to the falls which I assume you meant the cave shelter right? It has a spring trough attached to it. If facing the shelter, you can edge the bluff line to your left and the arch isn't too far from there. Michelle and I did it one day and spooked a bobcat. We never saw it but it was growling so loud the air felt like it was vibrating.

Kevin joest

OAT Forum Moderator
Staff member
OAT Forum Moderator
Jan 5, 2021
  • Staff
Did go to the shelter, and I saw the springs. I was looking too far up the hill for the arch! I'll be back!